FLSA: Full Time; non-exempt
Perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers. Plans and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and parameters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases. Including but not limited to accounts payable entries and payroll tracking.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as safety procedures, OSHA logs, or other material.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain quality control manuals and documents.
- Maintain corporate records
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
- Assists with coordination of activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; displays understanding of how job relates to others.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation – Works cooperatively in group situations.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems; Microsoft Office Proficiency: Word, Excel, Power Point; Ability to learn new software tools.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Veterans encouraged to apply.
World Housing Solution, Inc. believes that a diverse work environment leads to bigger thinking and more creative solutions to our customer’s problems and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identification, national origin or any other legally protected characteristic. We strive to represent our community with a workforce diverse in gender and ethnicity. We actively seek out veterans and the disabled for opportunities at World Housing Solution, Inc.