Sales & Business Development Manager
FLSA: Full Time; exempt
Generates steady revenue for the Company through acquiring new customers, managing and cultivating existing customer relationships, and promotion of the Company’s products and services in the FMS and DoD markets. Professionalism, knowledge of the Company’s manufacturing capabilities, and product, as well as market knowledge, are key to the success of this role with World Housing Solution, Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop relationships with DoD customers at all levels: end users, supply, officers, KOs, etcetera.
- Creatively address customer problems, becoming a true resource and solutions provider.
- Understand contract/funding methods and assist customers in their use.
- Partner with suppliers to provide best products and values to meet customer requirements.
- Determine innovative strategies to win business.
- Understand and represent World Housing Solution, Inc. products and services and carry out direct sales activities in order to meet company defined quotas.
- Develop, implement, and provide management with sales plan on a monthly basis.
- Generate quotes for customers and assist them in identifying optimal funding vehicles.
- Work with support teams (purchasing, accounting, warehouse, etc.) to ensure that all information is up to date in the system and that orders are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Regularly following up on closed sales to ensure delivery and quality were as promised.
- Make cold calls, face-to-face and via telephone prospecting to develop new business.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities.
- Create forecasts and budgets.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills – Must be friendly and likeable; able to communicate with all levels of an organization. Absolutely must be a highly competitive, challenge-oriented “self-starter” with the will/desire to be the best at what you do. Must be utterly committed to providing legendary customer service.
- Analytical Skills – Must possess strong strategic and analytical skills required to analyze customer problems and develop creative and effective solutions.
- Industry Knowledge – Possesses a strong understanding of military contracts, defense procurement and relevant purchasing methods required.
- Organization – Must be highly organized and adept at multi-tasking to juggle the duties of both inside and outside sales.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions. Exceptional communication skills both in writing and in person.
- Financial Skills – Must understand basic business financial concepts and to be able to budget expenses in a cost-effective manner.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree highly preferred. 5-10 years of experience selling to military or government highly preferred but equivalent military experience may be substituted.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email, etc. Able to use customer/prospect contact activities tools (CRM systems) and update relevant information held in these systems as required.
50-75% Travel: Able to meet with customers outside under all weather conditions and must be able to travel by car/plane for long distances. This role will require frequent travel (50-75%) to installations within the assigned region.
Veterans encouraged to apply.
World Housing Solution, Inc. believes that a diverse work environment leads to bigger thinking and more creative solutions to our customers problems and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identification, national origin or any other legally protected characteristic. We strive to represent our community with a workforce diverse in gender and ethnicity. We actively seek out veterans and the disabled for opportunities at World Housing Solution, Inc.